What's New in Musicplay with Denise Gagne
Blog Posts (2)
Our kids had way too much screen time during lockdowns, and we are still seeing the effects. How do we keep children's attention in a classroom, when they are used to watching 6 second TikTok videos? Even Disney movies are moving at a pace that's much greater than they used to. In this newsletter, I'm going to begin a discussion on increasing engagement in your music classes. This is too large a topic for just one newsletter, but this is very necessary for our tired, hard-working, dedicated music teachers.
- Search now includes documents (e.g.: search for solfa worksheets)
- These documents are downloadable as PDFs or you can print from the website
- PDFs can be added to a "My List"
- The "+ Add to My List" button is on the bottom right of the documents
- Alphabet Songs and Activities
- Long Vowels videos and concept slides have been added to the unit
- Concept Slides from Alphabet Songs have been linked in the unit
- Musicplay Madness 2023
- New unit added to MusicplayOnline
- Uploaded pre-made bracket for class use, which coincides with the Musicplay Madness 2023 song selections
- Uploaded blank template bracket for class use
- Updated "The Old Gray Cat" Illustrated Minibook
- Uploaded Canadian and American coin word rhythms
- Peter and the Wolf:
- Updated Peter and the Wolf Minibook
- Listening Units:
- Added Level 1 Worksheets to Rossini's Ghost
- Added custom word rhythm tool to Composition Unit
- Added word randomizer tool to Interactives
A teacher in the Musicplay Teachers Group on Facebook asked what I thought was a great question. Why teach solfege?
It's tough to decide what to focus on in February! Whether you want to celebrate Lunar New Year, Valentine's Day or Black History Month --- or ALL of them, MusicplayOnline has units, songs in the song list and listening activities for you.
- Song List
- Black History Month Unit
- Added section on Notable Black Canadian Musicians and Composers
- High Seas Program
- Added kids demos to each song
- Beethoven Lives Upstairs
- Added worksheets to accompany the movie