What's New in Musicplay with Denise Gagne
Our kids had way too much screen time during lockdowns, and we are still seeing the effects. How do we keep children's attention in a classroom, when they are used to watching 6 second TikTok videos? Even Disney movies are moving at a pace that's much greater than they used to. In this newsletter, I'm going to begin a discussion on increasing engagement in your music classes. This is too large a topic for just one newsletter, but this is very necessary for our tired, hard-working, dedicated music teachers.
- Search now includes documents (e.g.: search for solfa worksheets)
- These documents are downloadable as PDFs or you can print from the website
- PDFs can be added to a "My List"
- The "+ Add to My List" button is on the bottom right of the documents
- Alphabet Songs and Activities
- Long Vowels videos and concept slides have been added to the unit
- Concept Slides from Alphabet Songs have been linked in the unit
- Musicplay Madness 2023
- New unit added to MusicplayOnline
- Uploaded pre-made bracket for class use, which coincides with the Musicplay Madness 2023 song selections
- Uploaded blank template bracket for class use
- Updated "The Old Gray Cat" Illustrated Minibook
- Uploaded Canadian and American coin word rhythms
- Peter and the Wolf:
- Updated Peter and the Wolf Minibook
- Listening Units:
- Added Level 1 Worksheets to Rossini's Ghost
- Added custom word rhythm tool to Composition Unit
- Added word randomizer tool to Interactives
- Song List
- Black History Month
- Added concept slides for Back American Musicians and Composers, with links to Safeshare and Youtube
- Our Musical World
- Added "Notre monde musical - Livret passeport" (Our Musical World Passport Minibook) to extra resources in each country unit
- Lesson Planning
- Added "I Can Statement" flashcards for Kindergarten through Grade 5 to Lesson Planning Overview
- Solfa Practice
- Added Echo Sing activities to Level 8 (drm sl d')
A teacher in the Musicplay Teachers Group on Facebook asked what I thought was a great question. Why teach solfege?
It's tough to decide what to focus on in February! Whether you want to celebrate Lunar New Year, Valentine's Day or Black History Month --- or ALL of them, MusicplayOnline has units, songs in the song list and listening activities for you.