In PreK the students will be able to
- show beat/no beat, keep a steady beat when tapping, moving, playing
- the students will match pitch
- the students will recognize and classify classroom instruments
- The students well identify and perform fast/slow, loud/quiet, high/low, smooth/separated
- identify same/different phrases, move to show different sections of the music (same/different)
- create, perform, respond and connect
Checklists or rubrics? (Grade 2)
If I want to assess steady beat when they're playing an instrument I might use the song play and stop, or any of the instrument songs. You will find some new ones on Musicplayonline in instruments -unpitched.
Registration for Musicplay Live in Washington, DC; Austin, TX; and Virtual is open!
Check out our latest webinar on activities for using music and movement to teach early literacy!
Musicplay Minutes Podcast
Listen to our newest podcast on ideas for Spring and Bunnies: The Musical!